}

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What Ted Haggard meant to say

My partner had some time on his hands, and decided to use it creatively. Like a lot of people, he was worked up over the Ted Haggard’s hypocrisy, so he added edits to the letter read out to Haggard's former church. The new version is the way it should have been read.

It starts with “Haggard” saying (added text is in red) “I am so sorry I got caught”. Later, when Haggard asks the letter’s listeners to forgive his accuser, the new “Haggard” says, “So, forgive him and, actually, thank God for him I did every time we hooked up.” You can check out the letters here (the three pages are separate JPEGs; I have a PDF version containing all three pages, but you have to contact me for that).


Haggard may be gone, but his power to entertain continues. Even
Canada’s Slap Upside the Head gets in on the fun. The more the merrier, I say.

No comments: