}

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

AmeriNZ #24 – Stormy

Episode 24 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.
The bad weather is continuing in New Zealand, and today it’s affecting the top of the North Island (and the weather has become worse since I recorded this). Last week’s bad weather in Taranaki was worse than first thought.
Listener comments give me the chance to expand a little on some of last episode’s points, then listener Walt asks some questions that I haven’t answered before, and I spend most of this episode answering them. You’ll learn a bit more about me as an expat, and maybe a bit more about what that feels like to me.

The ending song is by the same group that ended last Friday’s episode. It’s called “A Mini Constellation Remix #1” and it’s by Spring Heeled Jacks Original Swinging Jass Band (their MySpace page is here), part of the Podsafe Music Network.



Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you made it through the storms without issues. Walt had some great questions for you and your answers were enlightening.

Oh, and I commented first again. :)

Kalv1n said...

I saw there was one comment, and I was almost certain it had to be Archerr! I think that's so weird that they don't call drugs by the same names. That is something I never would have expected. And look at you Arthur, all "pod-safe". That's too bad about the storm damage to your house. Maybe that whole survival kit isn't such a bad idea. It's funny but at 9 years old, I had very different feelings about firemen. Sigh. Firemen.

Arthur Schenck said...

Archerr: Walt had excellent questions and they certainly made me think! I'm glad you found my answers enlightening; I know I shared some things I haven't before. I hope my answers did the questions justice.

Kalvin: The bit about drug names surprised me, too. The whole "podsafe" thing is just because it's easier than sticking to "fair use". At nine, my reaction was to the siren, not the firemen--although for me any interest in them arrived at an older age.