}

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

AmeriNZ #37 – Games

Episode 37 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

This is a relatively short episode, in part because this is the busiest week of the month for me. I recorded this in Garage Band, and there were a few “issues” I noticed when I was done. Anyway, I have two topics. First, at 1:30, I talk a little about the meeting of APEC in Sydney, including some audio. Then, at 11:55 I talk about the Rugby World Cup, that starts this week. It's a Very Big Deal in this part of the world. Finally, it's comments at 16:12.

Take part in the new poll on my blog: What's your favourite movie made in New Zealand? There's no significance to the movies listed, by the way.

Leave a comment or send an email to me at amerinz@yahoo.com.

Links for this episode:

Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)

APEC – Australia 2007

John Howard's YouTube video

Rugby World Cup

Official site of the New Zealand All Blacks

USA Rugby official site

International Rugby Board (world governing body)


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read about your episode on Podcastsoup.net and I have to agree with Mike..I like the New Zealand accent bette than the Australian accent....after hearing that audio about APEC.

The garage band music was fun. I recognized much of it.

Good luck in the Rugby World Cup...I know nothing about it but I wish you good luck.

I had a tough time picking my vote for your new poll. I LOVE LOVE LOVE both the Piano and Whale Rider so I had a hard time...but I did vote.

Kalv1n said...

Well, it certainly sounds like NZ does excel in at least SOMETHING. ;) I have to admit that the audio of John Howard was basically propaganda. I know were bad at rugby here, but there's a gay rugby team that asked me to join them. If only I could run, it's so hard after I injured my knee while saving wonder woman from that train accident.

I also liked your episode about that "forever young" business. I think Australia will always look down on NZ. That's what larger countries do to their neighbors. But maybe I'm wrong. I remember in the 80's when in America it was all about how Japan was going to crush us economically. And the British always feel superior to the Americans.

I like how you say that about the song (I've heard that years ago). What's wrong with recycling a good song though? Isn't that what people did with folk songs for ages?

Oh and the excuse for molesting the daughters was just classic. I totally loved it. I just can't imagine how much more common this sort of thing probably was back in ages past.

HUGS!

Arthur Schenck said...

Archerr: I think a few New Zealanders would agree with you and Mike about the accent....

I have to say that I'm afraid I didn't care for "The Piano" at all. I've tried, but I've never been able to sit through the whole thing. But I do like "Whale Rider".

Kalvin: Yes, New Zealand is good at a thing or two. The US has more people enrolled in rugby clubs than many smaller nations combined, so it's entirely possible that one day the US will be a contender in world rugby.

Gay rugby is a very big deal, actually. There's even an international competition where US teams have done well.

I think you're right about the big country/smaller country thing. I think it's a bit like the US treats Canada and Mexico.

Hey, I'm all for recycling songs, as long as the remake is good and not a steamy pile.

Hugs back!