}

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Jake goes shopping

There aren't many places where you can bring a dog with you, but some pet shops allow it, and the one from which we adopted Jake is one of those shops. So when Jake needed another bag of puppy food, I decided to bring him along as a way of giving him “car time”.

As it happens, the vet is attached to the pet store, so I took Jake there first (gentlemen, you may want to skip ahead to the next paragraph) to make an appointment to have him de-sexed and microchipped. He, of course, was oblivious and just excited to be out and about.

Jake is six months old tomorrow, the age at which the vet said he could be microchipped. His small size meant it wasn't a good idea before then, despite the fact it's technically required at a younger age. Best wait, the vet said, and get everything done at once.

Jake was really excited in the store, not surprising with all the yummy (to a dog) smells. I was afraid he might help himself to a dried pig's ear (I am glad I'm not a dog...) in front of the checkout counter, but he didn't. I think he'd had about enough by then because he sat down and waited for me.

On the ride home, he lay on the seat, sometimes dozing, sometimes watching me. He travels well, actually, and outings like this help keep him in practice.

The photo with this post was taken a few weeks ago, but it's nicer than the one I took today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! poor Jake; so young.

CondoBlogger said...

He is adorable!!! I'm backwards commenting here, but I'm glad his surgury went well!