}

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Twixt and between

The worst thing about flying the long haul between New Zealand and the US is that travellers tend to leave part of their consciousness somewhere over the Pacific. It takes a good day to catch up with the body. I find it worse going east than west, but, even so, I'm not in top form today.

Part of that is due to my luggage being missing. Maybe that's too strong a word, but the recorded message on the Air New Zealand phone system makes it sound that way. In any event, they haven't shown up yet and I haven't been able to get through to a real person to enquire further (or even to make sure that they're checking the flights I was scheduled to take, rather than the ones I did take). Maybe tomorrow there'll be news.

But today I'm just recovering, catching up on some things and spending time with Nigel (not necessarily in that order). And I'm hoping that somewhere over the Pacific my consciousness and luggage have met up and will arrive together tomorrow morning. I could really use both.

No comments: