}

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The street has no train

This is something I don’t think I’ve seen until today: A street in Newmarket (an upmarket shopping area of Auckland City) has been cut in half by a commuter train platform (under construction). Until recently, the street went through (the old “Railway Crossing” sign is still on the lightpost), but now the street has been cut in two by the new rail platform. This isn’t exactly a major street, but it does make the businesses on the part I was standing on arguably less accessible than before. I have no idea whether this was a good idea or not, it just struck me as odd, since I’ve never seen it before. However, it’s so bloody difficult to get around Newmarket as it is that, in that sense anyway, this is kind of in keeping with the area.

No comments: