I was up late (far too late) working last night and don’t have the energy (or time, to be honest) for a regular blog post today. So, I stole this meme from Roger Green. The reason is buried in one of the answers.
1. First thing you wash in the shower?
My hair and beard.
2. What colour is your favourite hoodie?
My only hoodie is gray. I never wear it because it’s a pullover one.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Well, duh! It was my husband.
4. Do you plan outfits?
Not unless it’s a special event so I can make sure it’s all clean and ironed.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Very tired, but otherwise good.
6. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?
One of those red plastic “milk crates” I’m using to sort papers for filing away.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I can’t remember having any dreams lately, even though I know I’ve had some. That isn’t unusual for me.
8. Did you meet anybody new today?
9. What are you craving right now?
Nothing—I just had lunch.
10. Do you floss?
No. I have some teeny-tiny brushes I use instead.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Coleslaw. Or corned beef/silverside. Or freaky dolls.
12. Are you emotional?
Can be. More so as I get older.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
No. Why would I want to? I used to count to 100 in German to practice speaking, though.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I lick cones. I use a spoon for ice cream in a bowl.
15. Do you like your hair?
Not really, even when it was all there.
16. Do you like yourself?
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Well, I would, but I’m sure I’d be escorted outside the minute I asked him if he was really such a fuckwit or if it was all Cheney’s doing.
18. What are you listening to right now?
Rain falling outside my window.
19. Are your parents strict?
They weren’t really, and less so the older they/I got.
20. Would you go skydiving?
21. Do you like cottage cheese?
Yes. Unlike Roger, I’m not keen on having it with fruit.
22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Yes. George Bush the First, Joe Biden (when he was a Senator), a few Senators and Governors. I got Lily Tomlin’s autograph.
23. Do you rent movies often?
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
This is why I stole this meme: On my desk I have a little wizard statue that a friend gave me many years ago.
25. How many countries have you visited?
Canada, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and the United States. Oh, and Texas (cuz, “it’s like a whole other country…”).
26. Have you made a prank phone call?
Not in the better part of four decades.
27. Ever been on a train?
Only in the US—so far.
28. Brown or white eggs?
Rarely see white eggs in New Zealand, so they seem weird when I do. But, it doesn’t matter—as long as they’re free-range.
29. Do you have a cell-phone?
Of course. Just today we were reminiscing about how 15 years ago I had to carry around “phone cards” so I could make calls from any pay phone. Apparently, there are people who collect those phone cards (of course there are…).
30. Do you use Chap Stick?
31. Do you own a gun?
Of course not. Most ordinary New Zealanders would never even think of having a gun (apart from farmers, hunters and people into shooting sports).
32. Can you use chopsticks?
Yep. I go through periods where I use them once a week or so.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
My husband and our fur babies.