}

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things change

A lot of things have changed since I started this blog: I’ve changed themes a few times, fiddled with one thing or another, as well as adding and deleting things. I’ve always tried to keep things simple, despite appearances sometimes seeming otherwise; I try and keep them easy for folks to use.

A long time ago, I added a widget (screen cap at left) so people could listen to my podcast episodes without having to go to that site. A few weeks ago, I noticed the widget wasn’t updating; in fact, the widget stopped updating on or about January 3, something I noticed because I used the same widget to display earthquake data. I’ve since replaced the earthquake data widget, but I couldn’t find one to play my podcast files.

So, I’ve deleted the dead widget and replaced it with a simple list of recent episodes that link through to the site where they’re kept. I did the same thing for both my podcasts, actually, since 2Political episodes were never listed on my blog. This isn’t a perfect solution, but until I find a solution I like, or learn more about coding in HTML5, this is the best I can do.

Sometimes, trying to make things simple makes them complicated. Sadly, that’s something I’ll probably keep rediscovering because my manipulation of this blog is unlikely to end.

No comments: