}

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Irish anti-bullying campaign


This affecting video is part of an Irish anti homophobic bullying campaign. Be warned: You may need a tissue.

From the YouTube description:
Irish anti homophobic bullying advertisement, created as part of BeLonG To Youth Services annual Stand Up! LGBT Awareness Weeks. The campaign promotes friendship amongst young people as a way to combat homophobic bullying.
More information about the campaign is available on their site.

As a commenter at the site where I first saw this said, “That's the way the world should work.” I agree. In America, as we saw in my previous post, it seldom does. But it can—if we stand up.

(Via Joe.My.God.)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Well done!

My friends and I have signed up for Pink Shirt Day Aotearoa, a general anti-bullying measure on April 14.

I honestly don't care for pink, but I found an item on Etsy that seemed to fit the bill perfectly: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61921146/hand-dyed-dont-be-a-douchebag-tee-pick

Arthur Schenck said...

Hahaha, yeah, pink isn't really my colour.