}

Friday, April 01, 2011

Tricksy

I am not a trickster by nature. Part of it is that I’m simply not a good enough actor to pull it off (or, so I claim…). But a larger part is that I just don’t want to be mean to anybody by playing them for fools.

And yet today, feeling impish, I Tweeted the above from my podcast account. The link, deliberately shortened to obscure its destination, pointed to the Wikipedia page for April Fool’s Day. I thought that would be a giveaway.

Still, I caught out a couple people, for which I’m at least sort of sorry. April Fool’s pranks only work if they’re credible, and since Monday was the fourth anniversary of my podcast, it was plausible that I might decide to stop.

I’m not a trickster by nature. Still, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy having a few people on for a short time. Just don’t expect me to do it again. It’s not in my nature, I tell you.

2 comments:

d said...

Would have been good with a "Rickroll" too. =) Well played!

Arthur Schenck said...

Hm, I don't think I'll do that again…