}

Friday, April 29, 2011

Yes, I watched

Yes, I watched the royal wedding. Deal with it.

I also watched Charles and Diana 30 years ago, which doesn’t really have anything to do with anything, but it’s a fact. However, I don’t remember thinking much of anything about that wedding, to be honest, apart from admiring all the pomp and circumstance.

This time, however, I felt positive about the wedding—as if they really wanted to marry, which is a good start. The long courtship, or whatever, probably prepared Kate better than Diana was. I’m sure that wasn’t an accident.

I’m not getting into the pluses/minuses of the whole thing; folks with far stronger opinions than me will have a go at that, but not me, because I don’t have any strong feelings about it. To me, it was a wedding, not something on which the fate of the world turns.

But, it was also entertaining.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I've really tired of a bunch of people snobbishly complaining about the overdrawn media coverage of the wedding. Here's my advice - change the channel, watch a DVD, read something. This too shall pass.
I didn't watch the wedding - I was awake early enough, I just forgot, seriously - but I did watch the post-nuptial tooling about. It was nice.

Arthur Schenck said...

Roger, that is sound advice about SO many things. I'm kinda sick of people hating on TV shows, for example. I guarantee someone loves what someone else hates. Why does any of that even matter? Seriously!!