}

Thursday, May 05, 2011

One of the good guys



There are good people in this world, and some of them are even politicians. I think we need to be reminded of that sometimes. The video above shows one such politician, Minnesota State Rep. Steve Simon. From the description on YouTube:
Representative Steve Simon (DFL Hopkins/St. Louis Park) says a proposed Minnesota constitutional amendment is largely about religion. He says if sexual orientation is innate as science is showing us, and not a lifestyle choice, then God created gay people…
"How many more gay people does God have to create before we ask ourselves whether or not God actually wants them around?" See? Not all religious people are bigots. It’s nice to be able to post something positive about that, too.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

"Not all religious people are bigots." I've been saying that for years, Arthur.

Arthur Schenck said...

Exactly so. And when I think of people who are most likely to save religion from the fanatics, you're one of the people I think of first, Roger.

It's just that I don't often get to praise religious people being religious, and politicians almost never (actually, I wonder if I've ever praise a religious politician for a religious comment they've made; I doubt it).

Still, there's always hope and you, my friend, are one of the reasons that is so.