}

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mitt’s ‘Romnesia’


President Obama spoke at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, today and diagnosed Mitt Romney’s problem with recalling what his positions actually are: Mitt has “Romnesia”. The president said:
"But now that we’re 18 days out from the election, Mr. ‘Severely Conservative’ wants you to think he was ‘severely kidding’ about everything he’s said over the last year. He told folks he was ‘the ideal candidate’ for the Tea Party, now suddenly he’s saying, ‘what, who, me?’ He’s forgetting what his own positions are, and he’s betting that you will too.

"I mean he’s changing up so much—backtracking and sidestepping. We’ve gotta name this condition that he’s going through. I think it’s called ‘Romnesia.’ That’s what it’s called. I think that’s what he’s going through.”
My favourite part came near the end, when President Obama said:
“And if you come down with a case of Romnesia, and you can’t seem to remember the policies that are still on your website, or the promises you’ve made over the six years you’ve been running for President, here’s the good news: Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions.”
I have to admit, I prefer the lampoooing and mocking of Romney over merely calling him a liar. After all, how do me know Mitt doesn’t have Romnesia?

A full transcript of the president's remarks is at The Daily Kos.

No comments: