}

Friday, September 19, 2014

To comply with the law (again)

As I did in 2011, from which I mostly stole this post, I have temporarily turned on comment moderation for this blog. You can still leave a comment, but it won’t be posted until sometime after 7pm Saturday NZ Time (7AM Saturday UTC), after the polls have closed. I’m doing this to comply with New Zealand election law, which mandates that I turn off comments (even though the law was enacted in 1993…). I’ll update this post after I’ve re-enabled un-moderated comments. I also won't be commenting or replying on social media, either.

Also, I won't be posting anything here until after 7pm tomorrow. Apparently a new post might draw eyes to my previous election posts. Or something.

P.S. Two Ticks Labour! (I can say that because I’m posting this before midnight…)

Update 20/09/14: Now that polls have closed, comments are once again unmoderated and will post immediately. Thank you for your patience while I obeyed stupid rules for a dumb law.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

yer such a good citizen...

Arthur (AmeriNZ) said...

Yes, yes I am…