}

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The year winding down

Tomorrow is December, but the year has already started winding down. There’s still a lot to be done before the holidays, and this weekend was quite full.

We had some relatives staying with us this weekend, which meant a little extra cleaning (because that’s what I do when we’re having company). Of course, this was after the weekend before when we had a family party, and that, too, required some extra cleaning. Well, I required that, but, still.

Today I went to an end-of-year get-together for Labour Party members in our electorate. It was a very casual gathering, and it’s always nice to have the chance to have political discussions like that. Most of us have friends or family members who aren’t political, so it’s nice every now and then to get together with people who also have a passion for politics.

The fact that we’re members of the same party doesn’t mean we all think alike. In fact, sometimes we can have rather robust debates. But one thing we all agreed on is how impressed we were this week with Andrew Little. Many of the folks there didn’t vote for Andrew in the Leadership election, and some even rated him third or fourth, but all of us were happy with how well he’s done so far. Some of us may have been surprised, but even for them it was a very pleasant surprise.

When I got home, I made my online submission for Labour’s formal election review. And, no, I’m not sharing what I said. Actually, I didn’t say much I haven’t shared on this blog already, and much of the rest is frankly not all that interesting to people outside the party, stuff about internal issues.

This coming week is my final work project of the year, and then I’m off from mid-December until the end of January. Nigel’s also off for much of that time, so that’ll be nice long summer holiday. Maybe I might even have time for a photo or two, as well.

And that’s it for this busy weekend—and month.

No comments: