}

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Static Era: ‘Sleeping Dogs’


The music video above is the newest from Static Era, whose lead singer, Emma G., became an online friend when we had conversation on Twitter when I was working on my NZ Music Month posts last year. She’s a pretty awesome person, actually.

The “Sleeping Dogs” music video was written, directed and edited by Mike Kumagai at Ruth and Jimby Media. The full credits, along with the song lyrics, are in the video’s YouTube description.

The song is part of Static Era's debut album Fit To Fight, which available through their online store, as well as iTunes, Google Play, or Spotify.

Now, it’s safe to say that hard rock is not actually my “thing”, but I’ve liked quite a lot of their songs, including this one. I also really like this video. As Emma said on Facebook, “it's a bit of a different style video to ANYTHING we've ever done (thank you Mike Kumagai for the nudge) but I'm stoked with how everything turned out.” She also pointed out, “Oh, and for the record, it's not ACTUALLY based on true events… the worst I do is write songs, not… this.”

Emma is soon off to the USA to take up a new job, which sounds very exciting for her. Well done, and good luck!

No comments: