}

Monday, February 08, 2016

Resume again

Not for the first time, and certainly not the last, my blogging was interrupted by work and other commitments. It didn’t help that last Monday was a holiday, which threw everything off, or that I had other time consuming things I needed to squeeze in. Clearly my plan to write some posts in advance didn’t amount to much. Yet.

Over the past week, I managed only one post, and it was about Martin O’Malley dropping out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. I did that because I try to be timely about such posts, even though I didn’t really have the time, but then I got so busy that I didn't have time to write about Iowa or the three Republicans who dropped out afterward, among other things. I’ll get to those topics.

While all that was going on, I had some developments of my own—not news, exactly, except maybe to me. The thing is, if it was something I’d blog about, but never did, did that thing ever actually happen? I’m joking, not updating the old “if a tree falls in a forest…” thing, but it does make me wonder where to start talking about something that I apparently never once mentioned in all the time I was doing it. Cryptic enough? Good, because building some suspense for when I do talk about it may just make up (a little) for my never having talked about it. Well, no, it won’t, but it’s all I’ve got.

Today was the Waitangi Day public holiday, since the actual day fell on Saturday this year. This is the first year that’s happened since Labour MP David Clark’s 2013 private member’s bill was passed by Parliament—over the opposition of John Key’s government, of course. The bill affected Waitangi Day and Anzac Day (which was first observed on a Monday last year), and ensures that Monday-Friday workers get 11 nationwide public holidays off per year.

Today was a quiet day for us. We picked up some screws for a project in the house, had lunch while we were out, and that was pretty much it. After such a busy week, it was nice to have a quiet day.

But, tomorrow it’s back to normal things, including more blogging. I really must get some posts organised in advance for when I get too busy to blog. Eventually, maybe.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

We, your loyal audience, HATE cryptic.

Arthur Schenck (AmeriNZ) said...

All shall be revealed…