}

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Missing summer

This summer has been a joke: Cooler than normal (even cold sometimes), and much rainier than it should be, too. Everyone seems to be expecting real summer to start, but it never does. If it does, though, people will complain about that.

We spent Christmas in Paeroa with family, and had a lovely time. We went down there Christmas Eve, and came back Boxing Day. Yesterday was the public holiday for Christmas, since the actual day fell on a Sunday this year. That meant that some places were closed, thought most shops were open.

The middle of the day yesterday we attended the funeral the mother of a friend of ours. And then in the evening I felt fairly unwell. Maybe it was all catching up with me.

Despite getting a lot of sleep the past two nights, I’m still pretty tired today, but determined to get caught up with blogging—which, in this case, means finishing this year’s Ask Arthur series, along with a few other posts to complete before the end of the year. I finished my annual goal last Friday, of course.

So, the holidays were fun, but they also took a lot out of me. Must be the way it is nowadays. We’ll see if I fair better this weekend. That, too, will be blogged.

1 comment:

rogerogreen said...

I wonder if I have bronchitis again...